Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist
My topic: Effect of Nutrition of Diabetic PatientWeek 5: Literature Search, Rapid Critical Appraisal, and Summarization
For this assignment, you will locatea minimum of4 researcharticles related to the topic and
PICOT questions that you developed in Week 2.The articles must be current (2002 to the
present),and two articles must be quantitative, and two articles must be qualitative.
These articles should be somewhat related to your PICOT questions.
· Articles used for one assignment can’t be used for the other assignments (students should find new research articles for each assignment).
· The selected articles should be original research articles. Review articles, meta-analysis, meta-synthesis, and systemic review should not be used.
· Mixed-methods studies should not be used.
There are two parts to this assignment.
Part 1: Complete aRapid Critical Appraisal Checklist chart foreachresearch article (4 total). Download the following files in theWorksheets, Forms, and Templatesarea at left:
· Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist (pdf)
· Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist (doc)
Part II:Write a summary(2–3 pages)
· Describe the similarities and differences among the four research articles.
· Use current APA format to style your paper and to cite your sources.
· Submit the 4 completed charts along with your summary.
Review the rubric for further information on how your assignment will be graded.
Need APA Help?
Visit theStudent Resourcestab or theWCU Librarytab at the top of this page.