As you explored a variety of biology-related topics during this course, you may have realized how much the study of biology influences the way you see and understand the world. Taking time to reflect on your learning enables you to deepen your understanding of new ideas and make them more meaningful to you personally. In this reflection, you consider the knowledge you have gained and the ways it has changed or may change your behavior or perspectives on important issues.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Recall the topics you have explored and discussed for your assignments and consider the following questions:
- What new concepts did you explore? Which seem most relevant to you personally? Why?
- What new perspective did you gain from the course Resources and/or from your interactions with your peers and your Instructor? How might this new perspective influence an attitude or behavior?
- Have you changed your behavior based on something you learned in the course? If so, how have you changed and why?
- Is there a biology-related policy that you like to advocate for or against based on what you have learned in this course?
- Select one topic for your reflection based on your answers to the questions above.
- Conduct research to identify a scientific article related to the topic you selected for your reflection.
By Day 6
Post a 2- to 3-paragraph reflection on your participation in this course that addresses one of the following topics:
- A new or better knowledge of how biology impacts your life each day
- A changed perspective on a biology-related issue that you consider important
- A changed behavior based on what you have learned in the course
- A biology-related policy issue that you would consider advocating for or against
As part of your answer, summarize the science article you selected and explain how it relates to the key learning you identified.
Finally, be sure your reflection includes references to your course reading or outside sources.
Questions about this Assignment? Post the questions in the Contact the Instructor area, so all class members may benefit from the Instructor’s response.