https://essaysglobe.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logo-EG.png 0 0 Davis https://essaysglobe.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logo-EG.png Davis2021-03-17 04:06:002021-03-17 04:06:00PHOTOSYNTHESIS • COMPARING GREEN AND BLUE LIGHT
- Light is crucial to providing the energy needed for photosynthesis.
- One method to observe the progress of photosynthesis is to monitor the production of one of its products, oxygen.
- In this simulation, you will:
- Assemble a volumeter.
- Measure the change in the volume of oxygen produced during photosynthesis using a volumeter.
- Compare rate of photosynthesis in Elodea plants exposed to green or blue light in order to determine if one wavelength of light is better for photosynthesis.
- Elodea is a plant that lives in water. Photosynthesis will be measured in these plants.
- The reactants for photosynthesis are provided by sodium bicarbonate solution and light.
- Sodium bicarbonate (NaHCOX3) solution provides carbon dioxide and water, and light provides the energy needed for photosynthesis.