The concept of biological evolution is considered both a scientific theory (which is different than a theory in the colloquial sense), and a scientific fact. Like all theories in science, however, evolution is also subject to refinement and discovery based on new findings. Even today, we are discovering new fossils, or using new technologies to analyze older fossils. In either of these cases, we are discovering new information about the past, that we can use to predict the future.
This week, we will look for modern-day examples of biological evolution, those that were recently discovered, the use of newer technologies, or simply finding out more about past projects.
You are to find an article on biological evolution.
- Choose an article that is different than your classmates – which means you should have a very descriptive title to your post.
- Summarize the main points of the article.
- Was there a new technology used? How? What did it discover?
- Was there a new species discovered? New information on an already discovered species?
- What was the species? What was the information?
- What were the methods used? Is this groundbreaking?