https://essaysglobe.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logo-EG.png 0 0 Cherop https://essaysglobe.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logo-EG.png Cherop2021-03-24 06:34:362021-03-24 06:35:17sequential steps in staffing
"Get Help With Your Essay
sequential steps in staffing
- Chap 15
- Describe the sequential steps in staffing—why are these important to know?
- Discuss the factors affecting staffing needs, particularly those around nursing shortages
- What type of nursing staff should leaders plan to hire—why is this important to patient care?
- Name factors that affect nurse recruitment
- Define nurse retention and describe its importance to overall health of an organization
- Turnover—describe the good, the bad and the ugly of this important factor in nurse staffing
- Compare and contrast the structured vs unstructured interview process
- Describe the advantages of using a team approach to interviewing candidates
- What is unconscious bias and how does it affect the hiring process?
- Name/define two aspects that define the hiring process
- Name 5 common job interview mistakes that you are most worried about for yourself (or have done at some point)
- Name 5 tips that help applicants during job interviews—which ones will serve you best as you anticipate job interviews?
- What specific questions may not be asked on a job interview?
- Describe one behavioral type interview that you can expect to see in an interview—how will YOU answer it?
- Define the induction and orientation phases of employment
- Chapter 16—Educating and Socializing Staff in a Learning Organization
- Define a learning organization
- According to Senge’s model, what are the key characteristics of the learning organization?
- Compare and contrast the concepts of training vs education
- In adult learning theory, define pedagogy an andragogy—what are the differences and similarities?
- Define social learning theory and name three learning concepts that contribute to learning success
- Describe barriers to adult learning
- What characteristics support adult learning?
- Describe the three most important reasons for staff development
- Define the sequence for developing an educational program
- How do you determine that learning has occurred in staff development?
- Name and describe five strategies for promoting evidence-based practice in nursing
- What are the principle tenets of socialization in nursing?
- Who benefits from resocialization and why is it important to nurse managers?
- What is the role of a preceptor?
- Describe the mentoring characteristics
- Why is it important to monitor for group norms? What are the risks when there are behaviors outside the norms?
- Chap 23—Quality Control in Creating a Culture of Safety
- What is quality control and what is its importance to healthcare?
- Describe the functions of management as it relates to quality improvement.
- What criteria define Effective Quality Control programs?
- Define the three steps associated with the Quality Control Process?
- Define the steps in auditing Quality Control
- What are the standards associated with Quality Control?
- What role does the ANA play in quality control?
- Define Benchmarking and its role in an organization’s approach to quality control/improvement
- What is a Root Cause Analysis (RCA)?
- Name three standardized nursing measures—what do they measure and how does this contribute to quality control?
- What are the nursing-sensitive outcomes? Give 3 examples.
- What are clinical practice guidelines and what does EBP have to do with them?
- Define Quality Assurance and its evolution to Quality Improvement—what is the difference?
- What are the main features of the Total Quality Management (TQM) system?
- Why is the Toyota Production System (TPS) valuable as a tool for healthcare quality?
- The Joint Commission (TJC) has much to say about quality improvement in healthcare. Define and name TJC Core Measures
- TJC—National Patient Safety Goals—name 3 current NPSGs
- Define and describe the role of TJC in accreditation of healthcare facilities
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)—how do their standards influence healthcare outcomes?
- What is the mnemonic HEDIS? What is its mandate for healthcare quality?
- What is the mnemonic HCHAPS? What does it measure that is important to patient care?
- What is the “Just Culture” system and how does it work to decrease medical errors?
- Define strategies to prevent medical errors—name examples of errors that have been addressed
- What are Leapfrog Initiatives?
- What is the Six Sigma Approach and its relationship to quality improvement?