Short Answer Assessment
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AS INDICATED BELOW:
1). ZERO (0) PLAGIARISM
2). AT LEAST 5 REFERENCES, NO MORE THAN 5 YEARS (WITHIN 5YRS, OR LESS THAN 5YRS)
3). PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED RUBRIC DETAILS.
Assignment- Short answer assessment (those handing in more than 2 pages will not receive a passing grade. I will be holding each student accountable for the instructions)
As a psychiatric nurse practitioner, you will likely encounter patients who suffer from various mental health disorders. Not surprisingly, ensuring that your patients have the appropriate psychopharmacologic treatments will be essential for their overall health and well-being. The psychopharmacologic treatments you might recommend for patients may have potential impacts on other mental health conditions and, therefore, require additional consideration for positive patient outcomes. For this Assignment, you will review and apply your understanding of psychopharmacologic treatments for patients with multiple mental health disorders.
- Review the Learning Resources for this week.
- Reflect on the psychopharmacologic treatments that you have covered up to this point that may be available to treat patients with mental health disorders.
- Consider the potential effects these psychopharmacologic treatments may have on co-existing mental health conditions and/or their potential effects on your patient’s overall health.
Address the following Short Answer prompts for your Assignment. Be sure to include references to the Learning Resources for this week.
- In 3 or 4 sentences, explain the appropriate drug therapy for a patient who presents with MDD and a history of alcohol abuse. Which drugs are contraindicated, if any, and why? Be specific. What is the timeframe that the patient should see resolution of symptoms?
- List 4 predictors of late onset generalized anxiety disorder.
- List 4 potential neurobiology causes of psychotic major depression.
- An episode of major depression is defined as a period of time lasting at least 2 weeks. List at least 5 symptoms required for the episode to occur. Be specific.
- List 3 classes of drugs, with a corresponding example for each class, that precipitate insomnia. Be specific.