You are working as a Desktop Support Specialist. Your work team has been given a computer with the instructions to rename the computer from John Martinson to Alison Rogers. John made his administrative password “password” and his administrative username is Admin; his computer’s name is “JohnLaptop.” He created a user account for himself, “John” and his user account password is “English!9&”. Your job is to perform all the following tasks via the registry.
- Delete or rename the user account so that it is changed from John’s to Alison’s account.
- Create a new complex password for Alison.
- Change the administrative account to include a new administrative password.
- Change the computer name from JohnLaptop to Alison Rogers Computer.
Can you make these changes using the Registry?
- Document the process you used to change the information.
- If you could not perform the tasks using the registry then document the details of the process you used.
- It is very important to document the steps excactly.