https://essaysglobe.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logo-EG.png 0 0 Cherop https://essaysglobe.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logo-EG.png Cherop2021-03-28 04:29:252021-03-28 04:30:03vitamin is synthesized
"Get Help With Your Essay
vitamin is synthesized
Select four (4) of the following questions and answer each in an essay format. Please be sure to include an introduction and a conclusion for the assignment.
- What vitamin is synthesized by the skin? Explain why this vitamin is critical for various physiological processes.
- Four-year-old Susie loves carrots. Her skin has turned orange from a pigment found in carrots called beta carotene. Briefly explain how long it will take for Susie’s skin to return to its normal color and why.
- Why should a surgeon cut along the tension (cleavage) lines when performing surgery?
- Christina’s fair skin flushes red when she exercises. What is the name of this condition and why does her skin appear red?
- In the laboratory, your professor presents a bone for study. She explains it has a diaphysis and epiphyses. Determine the type of bone, by shape, that she has presented and explain how you came to your conclusion.
- Brittle bone disease (osteogenesis imperfecta) usually results from a collagen deficiency. Explain how a collagen deficiency affects bone structure.
- How does an epiphyseal plate differ from an epiphyseal line? Six-year-old Matthew broke his femur and one of his epiphyseal plates was damaged. Explain the role of the epiphyseal plate in longitudinal growth and predict the effects of a damaged epiphyseal plate on his future longitudinal growth.
- A hypothetical drug reduces osteoblast activity, but has no effect on osteoclast activity. Predict the effects of this hypothetical drug on bone resorption and bone deposition.
Length: 750 – 1250 words
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimal word amount for this assignment.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least two (2) scholarly sources to support your claims.