Week 4 Assignment – The Theoretical Basis of Juvenile Delinquent Behavior
For this assignment, you will use psychological and sociological criminology theories to explain juvenile delinquent behavior.
Use the Juvenile Delinquent Behavior Template [DOCX] for this assignment. Provide complete responses in all table columns and rows.
- Read the profiles of each juvenile on the Listverse Top 10 Young Killers list.
- Provide original, accurate, and complete summaries of each psychological and sociological criminology theory:
- Psychodynamic Theory.
- Behavioral Theory.
- Moral Development Theory.
- Personality Theory.
- Cultural Deviance Theory.
- Strain Theory.
- Social Control Theory.
- Match one or more juveniles with the criminology theory that best explains the child’s behavior.
- The same child may be used more than once but avoid matching the same child repeatedly to most or all of the theories.
- Explain your choice of theory in each case. This matching task is open to interpretation, so provide strong reasoning for your choice.
- Provide original, accurate, and complete summaries of each of these psychological and sociological criminology theories
- Provide complete responses in all table columns and rows.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Explain juvenile delinquent behavior based on psychological theories.