https://essaysglobe.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logo-EG.png 0 0 Davis https://essaysglobe.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logo-EG.png Davis2022-05-20 07:33:022022-05-20 07:33:02Week 5 Discussion
"Get Help With Your Essay
Week 5 Discussion
What psychological disorder did you learn about?
In this week’s discussion, we get to explore psychological disorders that we may not have a deep understanding of (yet). When we learn about and discuss mental health, we can reduce the stigma associated with these conditions.
- STEP 1: Select ONE disorder that you have never heard of before or do NOT know about from this list:
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Dissociative Disorder
- Eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia, etc.)
- Factitious Disorder (FD)
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD)
- Selective mutism
- Somatic (Psych Central Staff, 1).
- Step 2: Learn more about the disorder you selected by visiting either: https://psychcentral.com/disorders/disorders OR https://www.verywellmind.com/a-list-of-psychological-disorders-2794776
- Step 3: Respond to the discussion by
- Identifying what disorder you selected,
- Describing the symptoms and
- What you find interesting about this condition.
To earn full credit, your response must be at least 5 sentences with appropriate in-text and source citations.
- Step 4: Use in-text citations to acknowledge the author’s ideas that you wrote about in your discussion response.
- Step 5: Provide a source list with the source(s) that you used for the discussion post.
- Step 6: Respond to another person in the class. Remember to write at least 4 sentences to earn full credit.
If you or a loved one may be suffering from a mental health condition, you can reach out to SOAR for assistance. You can call SOAR at 800-932-0034 (SOAR, 2).
- Psych Central Staff. December 8, 2020. Symptoms & Treatments of Mental Disorders. https://psychcentral.com/disorders/disorders
- Kendra Cherry. 2020. A List of Psychological Disorders. https://www.verywellmind.com/a-list-of-psychological-disorders-2794776
- SOAR. No date. SOAR Student Assistance. http://strayer.acisoar.com/