The purpose of this assignment is to impact health outcomes through population-level health assessment and intervention. This assignment will allow for a discovery into a selected practice problem, encompassing social determinant risk factors, an evidence-based population health intervention, and relevant measurable goals and objectives. Formulation of an Infographic Kaltura video presentation supports professional formation, communication, and dissemination skills relevant to the DNP practice scholar.
Please review these two documents to assist you with Kaltura and submitting multiple items:
- Kaltura Q&A (Links to an external site.)
- Using Text Entry to Submit Multiple Items for an Assignment (Links to an external site.)
This assignment has three components:
- first, identify a practice problem and related population health intervention as directed in the Week 5 Discussion launch question;
- second, design an Infographic incorporating Week 5 Discussion content;
- and, third, create a professional Kaltura video presentation to disseminate this information.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO1: Formulate strategies for providing culturally-relevant and high-quality healthcare for vulnerable and high-risk populations. (PO 1)
CO3: Assimilate epidemiology principles and interventions to impact population healthcare outcomes. (PO 1)
CO5: Evaluate the impact of the global burden of diseases on population health. (PO 1)
The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment.
The Infographic Kaltura video presentation is due by Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 6.
Total points possible: 350 points
Preparing the Assignment
Follow these guidelines when completing each component of the assignment. Contact your course faculty if you have questions.
- Select a practice problem and related population health intervention as directed in the Week 5 Discussion launch post.
- Infographic: Design an Infographic using Canva (Links to an external site.)by following the video instructions below
RubricNR704 Week 6: Health Interventions and Outcomes Presentation
Criteria Ratings PtsInfographic: DetailsRequirements:
1. Provided resource used.
2. Required components included.
3. Infographic submitted as an attachment in the Gradebook.Infographic: TypeRequirements:
1. Type of infographic supports content delivery.
2. Type of infographic is visually engaging.
3. Type of infographic is appropriate for the population.Infographic: GraphicsRequirements:
1. Graphics support content delivery.
2. Graphics are visually engaging.
3. Graphics are appropriate for the population.Infographic: FontRequirements:
1. Font supports content delivery.
2. Font is easily readable.
3. Font is appropriate for the population.Infographic: MechanicsRequirements:
1. Grammar and Mechanics are free of errorsInfographic: ReferencesRequirements:
1. In-text citations included within infographic.
2. Matching references included.
3. APA format (current edition of the APA manual) is used and is free of errorsPresentation: QualityRequirements:
1. Clear and understandable audio is provided.
2. Infographic content and speaker captured in video.
3. Presented without reading from notes.Presentation: OrganizationRequirements:
1. Purpose of the presentation provided.
2. Information presented in a logical flow.
3. Comprehensive conclusion provided.Presentation: Accuracy1. Sufficient information and detail provided.
2. Content correctly explained for level of population.
3. Logical relationship explained between interventions and outcomes.Presentation: ProfessionalismRequirements:
1. Self-introduction included.
2. Professional attire worn.
3. Time management demonstrated: Presentation 5 minutes or less.Total Points: 350