Complete this document either in Word. All of this information is found in the PowerPoint presentations
(use a different color for responses, for example). You may use word for word or reword the powerpoint in the answer. Short answers please
Chapter 6—Patient, Subordinate, Workplace and Professional Advocacy
- Define advocacy as it is used in nursing practice—in its various ways.
- Describe ways that nurses act as advocates in their nursing practice.
- Name common areas that nurse provide advocacy to their patients.
- Describe the major tenets of the Patient’s Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
- Define workplace advocacy—and give one example of how managers provide for a safe environment.
- Define internal whistleblowing—give an example
- Define external whistleblowing—give an example
- Name strategies that nurses can demonstrate their ability to advocate for healthcare from their perspective.